Cornelius-Davidson Youth Basketball League
The Cornelius PARC and Davidson Parks and Recreation Department are entering their 23rd year of league play and are expecting more than 800 children to take part this season.
With so many details and so much information pertaining to this league, we encourage you to carefully review all of the information below.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope that your child enjoys his / her experience this season!
|David Moore, Cornelius PARC Department||Leslie Willis, Davidson Parks & Recreation Department|
|704-892-6031 x 161||704-892-3349 x 261|
SIGN-UPS & SIGN-UP LOCATIONS
Registration for ages 7-18 is now closed, but we are still accepting registrations for our coed Instructional Division, ages 5-6.
You may register online 24/7 or in person at Cornelius Town Hall or Davidson Parks & Recreation Department office, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Download a registration form for Youth Basketball.
Each player’s fee includes a reversible jersey and a participation award. Please make all checks payable to: Cornelius PARC Department.
LEAGUE DESCRIPTION- Please note: Based on registration any divisions may be combined or modified in order to provide enough teams for league play. League rules/draft rules may be subject to change based upon participation and/or any division modifications in the league. These decisions will be made and communicated to participants as soon as possible, giving the opportunity to receive the maximum refund that our refund policy allows.
|Division|| Ages (as of
Dec. 31, 2019)
|Details||Resident Fees**(Cornelius & Davidson)||Non-Resident Fees**|
|Instructional (Coed)||5-6||Strictly instructional & FUN, meeting once weekly on Saturdays for one hour.||
SCHOLARSHIPS Scholarship opportunities are available on a limited basis and are typically aligned with the CMS Free & Reduced Lunch guidelines. To apply for a scholarship, you will need to complete a scholarship application form and produce a copy of your CMS approval letter (other proof of need will be considered). Please call or email us with any questions.
REFUND POLICY In the event that a child cannot participate in the program in which he/she has registered, the refund policy is as follows:
- 90% refund will be issued when requested by Thursday, October 31
- 75% refund will be issued when requested by Friday, November 8
- 50% refund will be issued when requested by Sunday, November 17
- Beginning Monday, November 18, no refunds will be given. Please allow 30 days for refund processing.
- Special Notes Regarding Refunds:
- Registered players who subsequently make their school teams will be given a 90% refund if notice is given prior to December 2.
- Special requests made regarding team assignments, practice night preferences, etc. are NOT guaranteed. Our refund policy remains in place, regardless of whether or not your special request was accommodated.
- Coaches & Other Volunteers - We can't run the league without volunteer coaches, scorers & timekeepers!
- Skills Assessment Days - All participants are required to attend at least one of their division's Skills Days.
- Sponsors - Please consider sponsoring a team in our basketball league.
- Team Assignment, Practices & Games - Find out more about how teams are assigned, also where & when practices & games are held.