2021 Mayors' Fitness Challenge
Town vs Town, Mayor vs Mayor.... Come on, Cornelius, let's win this thing!!
The three north Mecklenburg towns - Cornelius, Davidson and Huntersville - along with Mooresville, are hosting our first Mayors' Fitness Challenge! Residents of each town will join together to become one team to win the title of Fittest Community. #OneTownOneTeam
The challenge will end on Sunday, April 18 - it's not too late to join! Each week, participants will work to have the highest total of active minutes. We encourage everyone to invite their family, friends, and co-workers who live in one of the four northern towns to join in the fun and become more active. (Due to COVID, we recommend individual workouts, participating with those in your family/group, or outdoor workouts following physical distancing guidelines).
Cornelius residents register below. Residents of Huntersville, Davidson or Mooresville should register at their town's websites.
Program Details - WE'RE IN THE FINAL WEEK!!
- The challenge will last February 1 - April 18. Register at any time during this period.
- Register individually or by family - either way, it's free!
- Each week, registered participants will receive a link to a survey via email. Use the link to report fitness activities for that week. If you don't receive the email, you either registered after the link was sent out, or it's possible that you may not have completed your registration. If you have any questions, please call us at 704-891-6031 x160.
- Here's the link to report active minutes for the week of April 12-18. This link will close at noon on Tuesday, April 20.
- NOTE: If you have missed the reporting deadline for any weeks in which you have participated, just use the next link that is open and you can record any minutes not previously reported.
- At the end of the competition, the town with the best numbers will win!
Questions & Answers
How do I register myself and family for the Mayors' Fitness Challenge competition?
Residents should register through the town in which they live. Register individually or by family.
What types of activities can we engage in and track our minutes each week?
Each town will be providing their teams with a list of activities happening in their community. In addition, families can walk, run, bike, or participate in their favorite games or sports together. During this competition, it is important for everyone to track all minutes spent doing any physical exercise to give their team the best chance of winning. Participant prizes (1 adult/1 child) will be awarded along the way!
How do I report the number of minutes I exercised?
You will receive a survey via email every Friday. You will be asked to enter the total number of minutes or hours you, and your family members if participating, were actively engaged in fitness activities during the week. YOU MUST REPLY TO THIS EMAIL EVERY WEEK.
How will you know I actually completed the minutes I am reporting?
Minutes spent exercising will be reported on an honor system. This is a friendly competition between municipalities and we encourage members of our community to be honest about their achievements.